SSF is a non-governmental organization composed of interdisciplinary professionals. Its mission is to contribute to the development, integration and wellness of the most vulnerable groups, promoting tolerance, justice, and social responsibility with other organizations and public institutions.
SSF promotes a wide range of projects, training activities, courses, seminars, studies and research, and public activities on social, political and cultural issues, defending the right to education and freedom of education. It promotes collaborative actions with educational institutions and international organizations in social and educational fields, in order to contribute to social wellness, especially supporting immigrant, refugees, asylum seekers, families, youth and children, with greater difficulties in social integration.
HOW SSF WORKS
SSF brings technical expertise and research experience in areas related to social inclusion of youngsters, migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, women and other vulnerable groups, by the design and development of methodologies and tools targeted to migrants, refugees, youngsters, useful for public administration, private sector and social sector:
- Group workshops/Training of trainers on topics related to psychosocial and social integration and participation of migrants, asylum seekers and refugees.
- Methodologies and tools to improve labour market inclusion for migrants, youngsters and asylum seekers; to support educational staff working with youth migrants, and to improve the intercultural competences of healthcare professionals.
- Group workshops on social and political participation of immigrant women.
- Workshops on legal counselling to foreigners, young immigrants, women victims of gender violence and families.
- Awareness sessions about integration, combating racism, discrimination, prevention and to combat gender violence inside residential centres, shelters, hosting units and homes.
- Designing and implementation of different professional tools for psychosocial knowledge, through the cognitive part of education functions.
SSF develops different projects at national and European level to contribute to the development, integration and wellness of the most vulnerable groups and to promote, in networking with other organizations and public institutions, tolerance, justice and social responsibility. The main areas of work are:
- Immigration and integration projects.
- European Projects.
- Development cooperation and co-development projects.
- Youth Projects
- Research, training and awareness.
- Volunteerism and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) actions.
At this time SSF is leading and participating as coordinator or partner in 23 European projects and 6 regional projects in subjects such as: social inclusion; legal counselling services; support to unemployed people; support lifelong learning and career paths for migrants; formal recognition of prior learning to improve skills; enhance the professional development of school educators innovative techniques for reaching out to youth migrants; intercultural competences for healthcare professionals; exchanging of good practices in several topics; literacy in migrant populations, among many others.
SSF is involved in the following European projects related to Key-Co System project’s topics.
- KA2 EU Project "LIGHTHOUSE" (Erasmus+), training and labour insertion in Europe for immigrant population: www.lighthouseproject.eu.
- KA2 EU Project “MIGRANTS LITERACY”, to develop innovative techniques in the use of ICT in the effective teaching of literacy to migrant adults. https://www.migrantliteracies.eu/
- KA2 EU Project “TRANSVERSAL MODEL FOR MIGRANTS”, to develop and improve transversal skills for migrants. http://www.transversalmodel.eu/?page_id=317&lang=es
- KA2 EU Project “BOOSTING REFUGEES' ACCESS TO EMPLOYMENT”, to improve the learning experience of refugees and newcomers, facilitate a quicker access to employment and involve companies in the learning process.