The life needs of an adult person are often not compatible with an assiduous frequency of educational programs on site. This difficulty is even more serious for the migrant population which, by choice or by necessity, must often face temporary or permanent displacements. In developing this output, Key-Co System has considered some of the "European priorities in the national context", in particular two: digital training and the creation of a welcoming environment for learning and teaching, both aimed at a migrant target.
Therefore, an educational system for adults with a high presence of migrants needs to be supported, not only by teaching materials to be used in the presence, but also by a repertoire of distance learning units.
The online platform keycosystem.eu is an innovative and accessible teaching tool.
It complies with the needs of the adult student: it is flexible, participatory and stimulating. It allows the freedom to experiment pedagogical approaches based on multimedia (images, video, audio), interconnection (wiki structure) and immediate updating of teaching materials, all requiring only an internet connection and a generic browser.
Keycosystem.eu is the place where:
- teachers can find the didactic material to support their lessons;
- students are able to carry out their distance learning and set up online appointments with the teachers to clarify doubts and perplexities;
- the confrontation on the pedagogical theory and the exchange of good practices take place.
The platform allows free access to teaching materials to promote distance learning (FAD) and also allow the participatory implementation of materials according to an Open Source / Open Content spirit. Consequently, the resources stored by keycosystem.eu can be:
⁃ freely copied and used;
⁃ modified or integrated in order to enrich and improve the information offered.
The platform hosts an e-learning section in which a set of videos are uploaded for each key competence. These video-lessons:
- adopt the peer education methodology
- last on average ten minutes
- provide tests and assessments that can be sent to the teachers
- enable mobile learning
- are labeled with competence, language, level and subject
- are multilingual and subtitled.